Sacha Inchi means ‘The People’s Seeds” in Quechua, the language of the Incas. They are grown on vines in the Peruvian Amazon and has been used by indigenous tribes dating back to the Incas for its incredible health giving properties. The seeds are high in Omega 3, 6 and 9, vitamin A, vitamin E, essential amino acids, antioxidants and fibre. It contains the highest levels of plant based Omega 3’s in the world - 25% by weight (17 times the omega 3 oil content of salmon). Just 12 seeds a day is enough to lower bad cholesterol. It is also approximately 1/3 protein.
- Lowers bad cholesterol (LDL) and raises good cholesterol (HDL)
- Reduces inflammation in joints
- Increases brain function and memory
- Stimulates hair growth
- Improves mental health
- Fights stress depression
- Decrease blood sugar levels
- Improves skin health and texture
- Improves digestion
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases
How to use:
Eat on its own as a snack. Mix into trail mixes with macambo and golden berries. Throw into salads or smoothies. Can also be used for baking wherever seeds or nuts a used.